85th Legislature House
This is a list of the 150 members of the House of Representatives in the 85th Legislature. They were elected for two-year terms from the districts shown below. Representatives (and state senators) receive $7,200 per year and $124 per diem during legislative sessions; mileage allowance at same rate provided by law for state employees. The per diem payment applies during each regular and special session of the Legislature.
The address of all Representatives is House of Representatives, P.O. Box 2910, Austin, 78768-2910; phone: (512) 463-1000; Fax: (512) 463-5896. On the web:www.house.state.tx.us/
Speaker of the House: Joe Straus, San Antonio.
District, Member, Party-Residence, Occupation
( 96 Republicans, 54 Democrats) 2017–2018
1. Gary VanDeaver, R-New Boston; educator.
2. Dan Flynn, R-Van; attorney, businessman.
3. Cecil Bell Jr., R-Magnolia; general contractor.
4. Lance Gooden, R-Terrell; insurance consultant.
5. Cole Hefner, R-Mount Pleasant.
6. Matt Schaefer, R-Tyler; attorney.
7. Jay Dean, R-Longview; businessman.
8. Byron Cook, R-Corsicana; businessman, rancher.
9. Chris Paddie, R-Marshall; broadcasting.
10. John Wray, R-Waxahachie; attorney.
11. Travis Clardy, R-Nacogdoches; attorney.
12. Kyle J. Kacal, R-College Station; rancher.
13. Leighton Schubert, R-Brenham; attorney.
14. John Raney, R-Bryan; small business owner.
15. Mark Keough, R-The Woodlands; pastor, radio host, salesman.
16. Will Metcalf, R-Conroe; bank executive.
17. John Cyrier, R-Lockhart; business.
18. Ernest Bailes, R-Coldspring; businessman.
19. James White, R-Hillister; educator.
20. Terry Wilson, R-Marble Falls; retired military.
21. Dade Phelan, R-Beaumont; real estate.
22. Joe Deshotel, D-Beaumont; attorney, businessman.
23. Wayne Faircloth, R-Galveston; insurance.
24. Greg Bonnen, R-Friendswood; neurosurgeon, businessman.
25. Dennis Bonnen, R-Angleton; banking.
26. Rick Miller, R-Sugar Land; business.
27. Ron Reynolds, D-Missouri City; attorney.
28. John Zerwas, R-Richmond; physician.
29. Ed Thompson, R-Pearland; business.
30. Geanie W. Morrison, R-Victoria; state representative.
31. Ryan Guillen, D-Rio Grande City; investor.
32. Todd Hunter, R-Corpus Christi; attorney.
33. Justin Holland, R-Rockwall; real estate.
34. Abel Herrero, D-Corpus Christi; attorney.
35. Oscar Longoria, D-La Joya; attorney.
36. Sergio Muñoz Jr., D-Palmview; attorney.
37. Rene Oliveira, D-Brownsville; attorney.
38. Eddie Lucio III, D-Brownsville; attorney.
39. Armando (Mando) Martinez, D-Weslaco; firefighter, paramedic.
40. Terry Canales, D-Edinburg; attorney.
41. Robert (Bobby) Guerra, D-Edinburg; attorney.
42. Richard Peña Raymond, D-Laredo; businessman.
43. J.M. Lozano, D-Kingsville; restauranteur.
44. John Kuempel, R-Seguin; salesman.
45. Jason A. Isaac, R-Dripping Springs; small business owner.
46. Dawnna M. Dukes, D-Austin; business consultant, marketing.
47. Paul Daniel Workman, R-Austin; commercial contractor.
48. Donna Howard, D-Austin; nursing, public health.
49. Gina hinojosa, D-Austin; attorney.
50. Celia Israel, D-Austin; real estate.
51. Eddie Rodriguez, D-Austin; state representative.
52. Larry Gonzales, R-Round Rock; owner of graphic design company.
53. Andrew S. Murr, R-Junction; attorney.
54. Scott Cosper, R-Killeen; real estate.
55. Hugh D. Shine, R-Temple; financial services.
56. Charles (Doc) Anderson, R-Waco; veterinarian.
57. Trent Ashby, R-Lufkin; business.
58. DeWayne Burns, R-Cleburne; investment manager.
59. J.D. Sheffield, R-Gatesville; physician.
60. Mike Lang, R-Granbury; law enforcement.
61. Phil King, R-Weatherford; attorney.
62. Larry Phillips, R-Sherman, attorney.
63. Tan Parker, R-Flower Mound; businessman.
64. Lynn Stucky, R-Denton; veterinarian.
65. Ron Simmons, R-Carrollton; business.
66. Matt Shaheen, R-Plano; management consultant.
67. Jeff Leach, R-Plano; attorney.
68. Drew Springer, R-Muenster; financial services.
69. James Frank, R-Wichita Falls; business.
70. Scott Sanford, R-McKinney; CPA.
71. Stan Lambert, R-Abilene; banking.
72. Drew Darby, R-San Angelo; attorney, businessman.
73. Kyle Biedermann, R-Fredericksburg; businessman.
74. Alfonso (Poncho) Nevárez, D-Eagle Pass.
75. Mary E. Gonzalez, D-El Paso; community work; educator.
76. Cesar Blanco, D-El Paso; military service, congressional staffer.
77. Lina Ortega, D-El Paso; attorney.
78. Joe Moody, D-El Paso; attorney.
79. Joe C. Pickett, D-El Paso; real estate.
80. Tracy O. King, D-Batesville; businessman.
81. Brooks Landgraf, R-Odessa; attorney.
82. Tom Craddick, R-Midland; investor, sales representative.
83. Dustin Burrows, R-Lubbock; attorney.
84. John Frullo, R-Lubbock; small business owner.
85. Phil Stephenson, R-Wharton; CPA.
86. John Smithee, R-Amarillo; attorney.
87. Four Price, R-Amarillo; attorney.
88. Ken King, R-Canadian; business.
89. Jodie Laubenberg, R-Parker; state representative.
90. Ramon Romero Jr., D-Fort Worth; construction.
91. Stephanie Klick, R-Fort Worth; nurse, health-care consultant.
92. Jonathan Stickland, R-Bedford; business consultant.
93. Matt Krause, R-Fort Worth; attorney.
94. Tony Tinderholt, R-Arlington; educator.
95. Nicole Collier, D-Fort Worth; attorney, business.
96. Bill Zedler, R-Arlington; consultant.
97. Craig Goldman, R-Fort Worth; real estate.
98. Giovanni Capriglione, R-Southlake; finance.
99. Charlie Geren, R-Fort Worth; restaurant owner, real estate broker, rancher.
100. Eric Johnson, D-Dallas; attorney.
101. Chris Turner, D-Arlington; public relations consultant.
102. Linda Koop, R-Dallas; retired.
103. Rafael Anchia, D-Dallas; attorney.
104. Roberto R. Alonzo, D-Dallas; attorney.
105. Rodney Anderson, R-Grand Prairie; real estate insurance.
106. Pat Fallon, R-Frisco; business.
107. Victoria Neave, D-Dallas; attorney.
108. Morgan Meyer, R-Dallas; attorney.
109. Helen Giddings, D-Dallas; small business owner.
110. Toni Rose, D-Dallas; mental health professional.
111. Yvonne Davis, D-Dallas; small business owner.
112. Angie Chen Button, R-Garland; CPA, marketing executive.
113. Cindy Burkett, R-Mesquite; small business owner.
114. Jason Villalba, R-Dallas; attorney.
115. Matt Rinaldi, R-Irving; attorney.
116. Diana Arevalo, D-San Antonio; director of non-profit.
117. Philip Cortez, D-San Antonio; public relations consultant.
118. John Lujan, R-San Antonio; businessman, retired firefighter.
119. Roland Gutierrez, D-San Antonio; attorney.
120. Barbara Gervin-Hawkins, D-San Antonio: accountant.
121. Joe Straus, R-San Antonio; insurance, investments; Speaker.
122. Lyle Larson, R-San Antonio; small business owner.
123. Diego Bernal, D-San Antonio; attorney.
124. Ina Minjarez, D-San Antonio; attorney.
125. Justin Rodriquez, D-San Antonio; attorney, small business owner.
126. Kevin Roberts, R-Houston; businessman.
127. Dan Huberty, R-Houston; company vice president.
128. Briscoe Cain, R-Houston; attorney.
129. Dennis Paul, R-Houston; engineer, businessman.
130. Tom Oliverson, R-Cypress; anesthesiologist.
131. Alma Allen, D-Houston; educator.
132. Mike Schofield, R-Katy; attorney.
133. Jim Murphy, R-Houston; commercial real estate.
134. Sarah Davis, R-West University Place; attorney.
135. Gary Elkins, R-Houston; business consultant.
136. Tony Dale, R-Cedar Park; energy consultant.
137. Gene Wu, D-Houston; attorney.
138. Dwayne Bohac, R-Houston; businessman.
139. Jarvis D. Johnson, D-Houston; restaurant owner.
140. Armando Lucio Walle, D-Houston; consultant.
141. Senfronia Thompson, D-Houston; attorney.
142. Harold Dutton Jr., D-Houston; attorney.
143. Ana E. Hernandez, D-Houston; attorney.
144. Mary Ann Perez, D-Houston; insuarnce agent.
145. Carol Alvarado, D-Houston; small business consultant.
146. Shawn Thierry, D-Houston; attorney.
147. Garnet Coleman, D-Houston; business consultant.
148. Jessica Cristina Farrar, D-Houston; architect.
149. Hubert Vo, D-Houston; Realtor, developer.
150. Debbie Riddle, R-Tomball; horse breeder.